Omega Watches are popular worldwide for their exceptional style and amazing design. These are luxury watches and known for excellent time measuring performances. The company is a high-end watch company based in Bienne, Switzerland. Currently, the Swatch group owns this company.
Omega Watches have come up with some of the most beautiful watch collections. Here some of the most noted collections from a renowned Swiss watch manufacturing company:
- The Omega SpeedMaster: This is the iconic Moonwatch opted by NASA. This was selected for all the missions of Apollo.
- The Omega speedmaster professional chronograph: This was lunched as the official watch. These were worn by American astronauts. The watch also became a hot topic of the legendary space race era rivalry between Bulova and OMEGA. This hand wound watch was worn at all major NASA missions. NASA also selected the chronograph in the early 60s. The watch was the first watch by Aldrin (Buzz). It is believed that the watch had lost. In his book, ‘Return to Earth’ Aldrin had mentioned that while donating many of the items to the Smithsonian Institution, the Omega watch was one of the few precious things that was stolen due to his personal effects. The watch was widely known for its first hand winding
- The Omega Seamaster: This is a deep diving watch. The second crown of the watch at 10 o’ clock is a helium release valve in order to facilitate out of the watch once the driver dives at great depth. The watch is shown in most of the James Bond movies. The valves of these movie watches are transformed in to hidden gadgets. Pierce Brosnan wore the watch in almost all his movies.
- Seamaster Planet Ocean Model: The watch was released in 2006 with a limited edition of just 5007 units. The watch possesses a small orange colored logo. It also comes in an engraved case back indicating the Bond connection. The watch is similar to what Daniel Craig wore in the movie casino Royal.
Here is a list of some of the most popular introductions of Omega Watches for men and women.
- Seamaster series
- Planet ocean
- Aqua Terra
- Seamaster bond styles
- Skeleton seamaster
- Central Tourbillon De Ville
The history of Omega Watches
The history of Omega Watches dates back to the year 1848 when the founder Louis Brandt built this company in La Chawx-de-fonds, Switzerland. The brand is reputed world wide for its’ numerous amazing innovations. Today, the company is widely known for exquisite collections both for men and women. Yes, there seems to be an amazing aura about Omega Watches that any watch collecting buff’s delight.